This adorable felt clutch was handcrafted by women artisans in Nepal using all natural wool and non-toxic, Azo-free dyes. Fully lined, featuring a zipper closure with pom pom. Measures approximately 8.25 x 5.15 inches.
- Fully lined
- Zipper top with Pom-Pom pull
- Measures approximately: 8.25 inches x 5.15 inches
- 100% All Natural New Zealand Wool
- Azo-free dyes
- Due to the handmade nature, slight variations in size, exact color, shape, pattern, or other characteristics may be evident. Each piece is truly a unique work of art, lovingly crafted by hand
- Fair trade and ethically made
The Art of Felting:
The first step to creating these beautiful felt pieces begins with gathering some of the world’s finest sheep’s wool from New Zealand. Making felted wool is an ages-old, time-consuming process of bonding fabric with fiber. This is a physical job where the artisan’s scrub, rub, roll and rinse the wool again and again with soapy water.
Once the wool is bound into a sheet and the desired thickness is complete, the felt is laid out to dry. From there, the felt wool is cut and re-worked into many complex shapes and designs. The many sheets of wool might merge several colors to create patterns and layers. This takes a well-trained, talented artisan and is a true labor of love. The end results are colorful, one-of-a-kind textiles that are stunning to behold.