HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Behold a stunning, decorative tray for your next dinner party.
Our circular raffia trays are perfect for your entertaining and serving needs. Style as a centerpiece on your table top, coffee table, or living room ottoman. These decorative trays are incredibly versatile. Use as ready to hang wall art and pair with other woven plates and handmade baskets. Display your bathroom accessories, scented candles, or decorative objects. The possibilities are endless!
- Approximately 16” D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
These delicately textured and woven trays were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together grass and raffia using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and natural fibers. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their children's education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.